System and Ownership Transfer Policy
Transfer License to Another Computer (System Transfer)
This policy is with regards to the transfer of a license from one computer to another. br>
Deactivation/Activation from Product:
In compliance with the End User License Agreement for Origin/OriginPro, the owner of the license can themselves deactivate a license from their current computer and then activate the license on a new computer.
If deactivation is not possible, or you have an older version where the deactivation/activation option was not available, you will need to contact OriginLab (see next).
System Transfer Assistance:
In the event that deactivation/activation from product is not possible, please do the following:
- Log into OriginLab.com by clicking the Log In link in the top right corner of the page.
- Once logged in, click the yourName's User Profile link in the top right corner of the page.
- In the dashboard, click on the Manage My License(s) link.
- In the table, click on the serial number that you are transferring.
- On the Origin Product Registration|License Request History page, click the Deactivate License or Transfer License link.
- Find and click the link at the bottom of the page to request a license transfer.
- Fill in the System Transfer Request Form and click the Submit Request button.*
PLEASE NOTE: Licenses with a valid Maintenance Plan receive priority support. For licenses without Maintenance, System Transfer requests take 7-10 business days and are handled based on the version of Origin (Please see our Support Policy.)
Transfer License to Another User/Organization (Ownership Transfer)
This policy is with regards to the transfer of a license from one user/organization to another.
Please submit the Ownership Transfer Request form.
OriginLab will evaluate the request on a case-by-case basis. An ownership transfer fee may apply.