This App can be used to import HTML tables from an HTML file or a website. It can connect to the source file, when the source is changed, the imported data in Origin is also updated. Origin 2019b or later required.
- This App is pre-installed in Origin. You can launch it from the Data menu or from the App icon on the Connector tab of the Apps Gallery, located at the right-side of the Origin workspace.
- If you do not see the menu command or App icon, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button to install an App.
- With the worksheet active, click on the Data menu. If you are connecting to a file on your PC or network, click Connect to File: HTML. If you are connecting to a web file, choose Data: Connect to Web and enter a URL and click OK. In the Data Connector Browser dialog, all tables in the file are listed as a tree. Double-click to select a table and click OK.
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the workbook for a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save a workbook's data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that workbook and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each workbook has its own Exclude setting.