This App connects the Origin project to a CSV file from a file or web site. Origin 2019b or later required.
This App is pre-installed in Origin. You can launch it from the Data menu or from the App icon on the Connector tab of the Apps Gallery, located at the right-side of the Origin workspace. If you do not see the menu command or App icon, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button to install an App.
- Meta data
Meta data, including header, column name, units and comment, can be imported automatically. You can specify the settings manually as well.
- Main header lines: number of lines that should be considered as file header. You can save it to either worksheet label area or workbook organizer.
- Data has column name: if checked, it will read the first row next to header lines (if there's any) and import them as Long Name in the worksheet.
- Data has units: if checked, it will read the row next to column name and import them as Units in the worksheet.
- Comment lines after names/units: this is available if Data has column name/units is checked. You can specify the comment location either by lines after names or lines after units. There's no comment row if set to 0.
- Data Type Detection
This app is capable of detecting data types automatically. For example, ISO formatted date-time data (e.g. "2019-01-01 02:21:34.234") will be imported in date format. You can set the system variable @IPR = 0 in case of exceptions.
If the data type detection does not work as expected, you may correct it before re-importing the data.
- With the worksheet active, click on the Data menu. If you are connecting to a file on your PC or network, click Connect to File: CSV and open your file. If you are connecting to a web file, choose Data: Connect to Web and enter a URL and click OK. Check your CSV Import Options and click OK.
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the workbook for a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save a workbook's data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that workbook and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each workbook has its own Exclude setting.
- More features of Origin Data Connector are described here.