These system requirements apply to the most recent release of Origin and OriginPro.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10†
- Processor: 1GHz 64-bit (x64)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 1.0 GB of free hard disk space for program installation (does not include data storage)
- Other hardware: DVD drive (only if installing from DVD)
- Browser: The Origin Central dialog requires Internet Explorer version 9 or later
Large Datasets, Additional Recommendations:
For users who work with large datasets (e.g. import text files of 10MB in size, or greater), OriginLab makes the following additional recommendations.
- Multi-core processor: The more logical processors, the better
- RAM: At least 16G, the more memory the better
- Drive: Solid State Drive (SSD), the faster the better
- Network: If data are on a network, 1000Mb (Gigabit) is better
See also, documentation of the system variable @IAS which controls the least file size (in MB) to enable multi-threading.
†Note: Windows 10 users are strongly urged to obtain the latest updates, particularly if you applied Microsoft's Fall Creator's Update 1709. For more information, see this OriginLab K-Base Item.
Mac users can run Origin by using Microsoft Windows® via Boot Camp or within OS X using third-party virtual machine software.
View requirements and instructions.