Origin and OriginPro Software Release History
Origin 2019 (9.6)
Released 2018 October
- Windows-like Search uses keywords or phrases to search for and directly access menus, Apps, Help, Videos and X-Functions.
- New Workbook Dialog Box is a "startup" dialog that lists built-in templates, plus ability to add user-templates and set any template as your default workbook template.
- Data Highlighter for highlighting a data point in the graph and simultaneously selecting all data points in the graph window from the same worksheet row. Simultaneously selects the worksheet data row. Supports Shift/Ctrl multiple selection.
- Data Point Tooltip for displaying customized data point information, including metadata and indexed data in other columns, when mousing over 2D plots.
- Data Plot Highlighter supports clicking on a data plot in the Object Manager or the graph window and dimming all other plots in the window.
- Conditional Formatting of Worksheet Cells supports formatting cells by mathematical expression. Color duplicate values. Directly create a heatmap by coloring cells based on contained numeric values.
- Column List View creates a rotated view of the worksheet that hides data. Particularly useful for viewing large worksheets with many column label rows (header rows) containing metadata.
- New Graph Types: Double-Y Trellis Plots, Parallel Plots, Cluster Plot, Violin Plot, Row-wise Line Series, Contour Plot - Categorical Z, Heatmap with Labels, Tetrahedral Coordinates Plot, Grouped Scatter Plot, Stacked Histogram.
- New Apps including Design of Experiments, Stats Advisor, Graph Maker, Graph Publisher, Batch Plotting, Peak Deconvolution, Fitting Function Library, Global Fit with Multiple Functions, Gaussian Mixture Models, Image Object Counter, Word Cloud, Align Peaks, Independent Component Analysis, and Import LSM.
Origin 2018b (9.55)
Released 2018 April
- Preview of Workbook in Project Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Add Matrix Book as an Embedded Sheet in Workbook.
- Enhanced Master Page Menu supports quickly setting up and applying Master Page elements such as logos and timestamps to all graphs.
- New Fit Layers to Page and Set Scale Factor tools to adjust all layers to have a tight fit to page with the current display font kept.
- Customize All or Multiple Layers in a Graph with Consistent Display.
- Active Window Indicator adds a customizable border for quick visual identification of the active window.
- Backup folder and individual backup file for each Project.
- Improved Audit Log functionality allows Audit Log to be automatically turned on for all newly-created projects (for consistent project management).
- New Python API.
- New Apps including Distributed Batch Processing, 2D Smoother, 3D Smoother, Toolbar Maker, OPJ Packer, Chromaticity Diagram, Voronoi Diagram, Fit Convolution, Rank Models, Factor analysis and Dynamic Time Warping.
Origin 2018 (9.5)
Released 2017 November
- Cell Formula for creating spreadsheet-like mathematical expressions using operators, functions and other cell references.
- Reference lines or statistics lines in graphs.
- Unicode support for expanded character usage in the worksheet, text labels, dialog boxes, etc.
- App center with "one-stop" browsing, installing and updating of Apps.
- Export User-defined area of graph page by graphically and interactively setting page margins.
- Added Bridge Charts (MS Excel's "Waterfall" Chart).
- Double Y Box plots with left and right Y axes.
- Flexible legend customization including the ability to add custom symbols and adjust size.
- Preview Origin graphs in Windows Explorer.
- OPJU File Format offering more compact file size and faster performance.
- Automatic transfer of User Files to your new software, on upgrade.
- Evenly distribute graph objects or layers horizontally or vertically on the graph page.
- New Apps including Simple Fit, Global Peak Fit, OPJ Searcher, FFT Examiner, Operations Manager, Gage Study, Kernel Density for Polar and Ternary Plots, Paired Comparison Plot, Composite Spectrum Regression, and Equation Solver.
Origin 2017 (9.4)
Released 2016 November
- Spreadsheet Cell Notation (Excel-like Fixed Column Short Names) allowing for simpler column formulas.
- Trellis Plots with support for scatter, line & symbol, bar or column plots, plus horizontal or vertical wrapping.
- 3D Stacked Bars, 100% Stacked Bars with New Bar Shapes.
- Box Plot Improvements, including two new variants -- statistics bar and line series -- plus, line connection for key stats.
- Origin Central Dialog with quick access to sample projects, Apps, and Origin learning resources.
- LaTeX support in Graphs and Worksheets.
- New Plot Menu with Large Icons.
- Improved Annotation.
- Started to Support Chinese Version.
- New Apps including Colormap For Map Data, 3D Stacked Histograms, Manhattan Plot for GWAS, Means Plot, Simple Time Series Analysis, Hotellilng's T-Squared Test, Principal Component Analysis, PCA for Spectroscopy, Logistic Regression, Piecewise Fit, Enzyme Kinetics, General Linear Regression, SMILES to Images, and LaTeX.
Origin 2016 (9.3)
Released 2015 October
- Cloneable Templates for "smart plotting" of worksheet data that always has the same structure.
- Object Manager to easily turn plots on or off in the active graph window.
- Interval Plot box chart variant.
- Unbalanced Group Plots.
- 3D Waterfall with Line and Scatter.
- New Color Chooser for creating custom colors, applying colors singly, by points or by plots, plus customization and management of color lists.
- R Console and support for Rserve to exchange data between Origin and R.
- Clone Import for Batch Analysis of similar data files.
- Three-way ANOVA.PRO
- Cross Tabulation.PRO
- Support for outputting report data to a MS Word template in Batch Processing tool.
- Introduced Apps in Origin: LaTeX, Onset of Slope, Agilent MS Reader, Constrained Multiple Regression, Hurst Exponent, Polyline Profiles, Import Shapefile, Polynomial Surface Fit, 3D Confidence Ellipsoid, and HDF5 Browser.
Origin 2015 (9.2)
Released 2014 October
- Heat Map Plot from "Z" worksheet data in Virtual Matrix format.
- Kernel Density Plot with choice of statistical methods, grid points, point density and plot type.
- Column Scatter Plot box chart variant, with jitter option.
- Python support with access to Origin objects. Evaluate Python expressions and run Python commands or files from LabTalk.
- Distribution Fit with support for common distributions, plus choice of plot type and goodness of fit method.PRO
- User-defined Order for Categorical Data when performing analysis or graphing operations.
- Bubble Scale, nested or linear layouts, with many customizations.
- Tab-based Axis Dialog for more compact presentation and faster access to dialog controls.
- Append Worksheet, Remove/Combine Duplicate Rows, and Pivot Tables from worksheet data.
- Legend Improvements: legend for Categorical Data and improvements to box chart legends.</li>
Released 2013 October
- New Graph types: Grouped Box and Column Chart, 3D Ternary Surface/Scatter, 100% Stacked Column/Bar, 3D OpenGL Waterfall, 3D Ternary Surface, Piper/Trilinear Diagram, Marginal Histogram/Box, 3D and contour plots from Virtual Matrix.
- Multiple Axis Breaks and Axis Break with No Gap
- Graph customization improvements including auto-positioning of data labels in plots, user-defined axis scales, tick label tables and link axis length to scale.
- F(x)= column label row formulas
- LOWESS and LOESS Smoothing added to signal processing tools.
- Copy & Paste Operation for rapidly repeating a completed fit operation by applying it to other data plots.
- Batch Plotting - Duplicate graphs using data from other sheets.
- Gadgets: Batch Analysis - easily apply analysis to other curves.
- Enhanced Digitizer for turning graphic images in Cartesian coordinates into datasets that can be analyzed and plotted.
- Partial Least Squares Regression PRO
Released 2012 October
- 3D OpenGL Graphing with support for fast and easy rotation, resizing and rotation of 3D graphs.
- 3D Parametric Function Plots
- Movie/Animation Creation support for turning a series of graphs into a movie.
- Data Filter for defining conditions for filtering of worksheet datasets.
- Floating Graphs on Worksheets for more flexible organization and presentation of your analysis and graphing results.
- Global Vertical Cursor for reading and outputting coordinates simultaneously in multiple, stacked line plots.
- Implicit Function Fitting using Orthogonal Distance Regression.PRO
- IIR Filter Design PRO
Released 2011 November
- Native 64 bit Application as well as 32 bit
- PCA and Cluster analysis PRO
- Spider/Radar chart
- New Tool to drag data plot to change axis scale
- Auto-hide Project Explorer window
- Vertical Cursor and other new gadgets
- Parametric function plot
- Fitting with integral
- Worksheet Navigation dialog
- File Import menu customization dialog
Released 2011 April
- Horizontal and Vertical Dividers to Split Worksheet
- Error Bar as Line
- Contour Profile Plot from Worksheet Data with Uneven Spacing (Virtual Matrix or XYZ Columns)
- Quick Peaks Gadget
- Digitizer Tool
- SQL Editor for Database Import
- XYZ Gridding in Logarithmic Scale
- Surface Fit with Multiple Peaks PRO
- Cluster Gadget PRO
Released 2010 September
- Zoom and Pan on Graphs, Worksheets, Matrices and Layouts
- Embed and Edit Microsoft Word, Excel and Equation Objects Inside Graphs and Layouts
- Customizable Data Info Display Window
- Thumbnail and Metadata Support for Matrix
- New Graph Types: 3D Vector Plot, 3D Error Bar Plot, Contour or 3D Plot from Worksheet Data (Virtual Matrix)
- Support for nonlinear x and y axes, such as log axes, for 3D surface and contour plots
- Transparency and Gradient Fill Control for Graph Objects
- Ternary Plot with Flexible Scale
- Multiple Intersecting Surfaces in 3D Graphs
- New Gadgets: Differentiate Gadget, Interpolate Gadget, Quick Fit Gadget
- New Fitting Function Builder for Fitting Function Creation
- Compute Polygon Area
- 2D FFT Filter PRO
Released 2009 October
- Password Protection for Project, and Audit Log of Project Save with Optional Password Protection
- New Graph Types: Ternary Contour Plot, Pareto Chart, Probability Plot and Q-Q Plot
- New Gadgets: Quick Fit Gadget, Rise Time Gadget PRO, Integrate Gadget, FFT Gadget, Statistics Gadget
- Import Data in Unicode ASCII, CDF, and HDF5 Formats
- Export All Graphs to PowerPoint
- Export Worksheet as Multi-Page PDF Document
- Slide Show Graphs and Layouts
- Reduce XY Data by Group, Reduce Data to Evenly Spaced X PRO
- Reduce Duplicate X Data, Reduce Data by Skipping Every N Points
- New Find and Replace Tool for Numeric and Text Values
- Batch Processing with Summary Report Using Analysis Templates™
- Batch Peak Fitting of Multiple Datasets Using Peak Analyzer Theme PRO
- Signal Envelope PRO
- Signal Decimation to Reduce/Resample Data PRO
- Coherence PRO
- Compute Surface Area and Matrix Area PRO
Released 2007 October
- Multiple sheet workbook and matrix book with meta data support
- Import Excel, Multi-Line CSV and Binary 2D Array
- 3rd Party Formats Support for pCLAMP 2.0, NI DIAdem/TDM, ETAS MDF,JCAMP-DX, NetCDF, etc.
- Graphically Construct SQL Queries
- Export Worksheet as Image File
- Export Workbook as NI TDM/TDMS File
- Export Worksheet as Wave File
- Trim Missing Values in Worksheet
- Convert Table-Like Data into XYZ Columns
- Worksheet Query (Extract Values from Worksheet)
- Analysis Templates™ with Custom Report Sheets for Repeat Analysis
- Consolidated Reports with Collapsible Tables
- Theme Support for Saving Dialog Settings
- Recalculation of Results on Data or Parameter Change
- Customize Graphs in Report Sheet
- Run Analysis with Theme Settings Without Opening Dialog
- Partial Leverage Plot in Multiple Regression
- Improved Residuals Analysis with Additional Residuals Plots
- Improved Find-X/Find-Y Tool for Linear, Polynomial, and Nonlinear Fit
- New Find-Z Tool for Nonlinear Surface/Matrix Fit PRO
- Fitting Comparison PRO
- Peak Analyzer: Peak Fitting PRO
- Peak Analyzer: Peak Integration
- Peak Analyzer: Peak Finding
- Peak Analyzer: Baseline Detection and Subtraction
- 1D FFT, Inverse FFT and 1D FFT Filter
- 2D FFT and 2D Inverse FFT PRO
- Short-Time Fourier Transform (STFT) PRO
- Wavelet Analysis: 1D and 2D Decompose PRO
- 1D and 2D Reconstruction PRO
- Smooth PRO
- Denoise PRO
- Continuous Wavelet Transform PRO
- Hilbert Transform PRO
- 2D Correlation PRO
- Survival Analysis PRO
- Nonparametric Tests PRO
- Power and Sample Size PRO
- One Way and Two Way Repeated ANOVA PRO
- Welch Corrected t-Test
- One Sample and Two Sample Hypothesis Tests for Variance PRO
- ROC Curve PRO
- Correlation Coefficient and Discrete Frequency
- 3D Interpolation PRO
- 1D Interpolation and Extrapolation
- Interpolation and Extrapolation of Y From X
- Trace Interpolation on XY Data
- Trace Interpolation on XYZ Data PRO
- 2D Interpolation and Extrapolation
- 2D Volume Integration PRO
Connectivity with Other Application
- Import or Open XLSX File
- Mathematica Link for Data Exchange Between Origin and Mathematica
- MATLAB Console with GUI Support to Transfer Data Between Origin and MATLAB
Origin 7.5 SR6
Released 2006 January
Released 2003 October
Released 2002 February
Released 2000 September
Released 1999 June