This App creates an isosurface graph from volume data sampled at regular intervals.
Download the file Isosurface Plot.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- Input data supports multiple forms. The data can be
- matrix objects (volume data) in a matrix sheet, from which the X, Y and Z data can be read automatically but you can change them accordingly.
- XYZZ columns or Z column in a worksheet, from which you can either set X, Y and Z data from existing columns or define X/Y/Z ranges manually.
- calculated from the defined function \(v = f\left(x,\,y,\,z\right)\).
- Preview and preview automatically. When Auto Preview is checked, the preview updates whenever isovalue is changed. Note that in some cases, the number of triangle patches can be extremely large and the preview graph does not show all triangle patches. By default, such speed mode is off until the number exceeds one million.
- Click on the App icon to open the dialog.
- Click on the Matrix Sheet button.
- Click on the Hunting button to select data from an existing matrix sheet.
- Make sure the X, Y and Z information are correct, then click on the Next button.
- Specify the isovalue either by entering it or dragging the slider. You can check the Auto Preview to see the result in real-time or just click on the Preview button whenever wanted.
- Click on the OK button to save the isosurface data and graph.
N.B. This App uses the VTK library. A copyright notice is included in the package.