This app can be used to filter data using a color scale slider on a 2D kernel density contour plot.
Download DensityFilter.opx file, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Highlight XY data in a worksheet. Click the Density Filter icon in the Apps Gallery window.
- In the dialog's Settings group, choose a method to calculate density in Method drop-down list, and specify a value for Number of Grid Points in X/Y. In Grid Range group, specify minimum and maximum values for x/y ranges.
- Click OK button. A 2D kernel density contour plot will be created, and a Filter button will be displayed at the bottom right of the graph.
- Click the Filter button. A dialog with a slider will be open. The slider corresponds to the contour's color scale. Move the left and right indicators to set the minimum and maximum values for the contour range. You can also type values in From and To edit boxes in the dialog, and the contour graph will be filtered and updated.
- A new column with 1s and 0s will be added to the raw data sheet to mark the rows that have been filtered.