This app is to provide you a few popular ternary plot templates to show the relative compositions of soils and rocks.
Download the opx file and then drag and drop it into Origin workspace to install it. A new app icon named Predefined Soil and Rock Templates will be added to your Apps Gallery.
- Select a proper template for your texture analysis from Templates list.
- Select the desired line width and line color from Boundary drop-down lists.
- Select the desired color list and control the transparency when Fill Area to Each Section checkbox is selected.
- Control if show labels or not via Show Label checkbox.
- Select how to normalize the data from Normalize list.
- Click Apply button to append a folder named with the selected classification, which includes the triangle plot template and its source workbook, to the current folder.
- Click Cancel button to close the dialog.
- If you introduce a template to your project but you desire to move the label to a new position, please use Ctrl + click to select one label and then drag it to the new position.
- If you desire to add a new plot to the template, please go the following page and find a method you like: https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Add-Data-to-Layer
This app includes support for USDA classification and a few of IUGS classifications. If you need more templates, please advise us.
- A. Streckeisen, B. Zanettin, M.J. Le Bas, B. Bonin, P. Bateman, G. Bellieni, A. Dudek, S. Efremova, J. Keller, J. Lameyre, P.A. Sabine, R. Schmid, H. Sørensen, A.R. Woolley. (2002) Igneous Rocks - A Classification And Glossary Of Terms. 2nd Edition, in R.W. Le Maitre (ed). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Soil Science Division Staff (2017) ‘Examination and Description of Soils’, Soil Survey Manual, in C. Ditzler, K. Scheffe, and H.C. Monger (eds.). Washington, D.C.: USDA Handbook 18. Government Printing Office, pp. 62- 65
- M. J. Le Bas & A. L. Streckeisen (1991) ‘The IUGS systematics of igneous rocks’, Journal of the Geological Society, 148, pp. 825- 833.