This App fetches map images of a given longitude and latitude range from a WMS server. The map is then inserted as an image into the active graph layer. Multiple layers of maps can be combined and inserted.
Download the file Maps Online.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- Click the Maps Online icon to open the dialog.
- Select a map source from the Map Source drop-down.
You can click the + button next to the drop-down to add a map source. See examples below.
- Select a map layer from the Layers drop-down.
To insert multiple layers of maps, click the + button next to the drop-down and select the desired layers.
- Latitude and longitude boundary values for the map are automatically entered into their respective Area edit boxes. To use the axis scale values of the active graph layer (dimmed if a graph window is not active), click the button.
- Click and choose to Load Into a 2D Graph, Matrix or Image Window.
- Click OK.
If you opted to load into a matrix, the image will be imported into a matrix.
If you opted to load into a 2D graph and a graph window was active when launching tool, the image will be placed in the active graph layer.
If you opted to load into a 2D graph and a graph window was not active, a new graph window will be created.
NOTE: The graph layer is automatically resized to maintain the correct aspect ratio for the inserted map image. To use this app, you must provide a valid map source. The one for demo may have been invalid.
Add New Map Source
To add a new Map Source, click the + button on the right of Map Source, which opens the file MapsOnline.ini file. Then add three lines such as below:
Save the ini file. And the added map source will be shown in Map Source drop-down list.