This App lets you create a treemap plot of numeric and/or categorical data. Label, size, ordering and color of the blocks can be assigned to different data columns.
Download the Treemap Plot.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
1. Activate a worksheet with your data. At least two columns are required for specifying label and size.
2. Click the Treemap Plot icon from Apps Gallery window to launch the dialog.
3. Select worksheet columns for label and size. Optionally also specify columns for ordering and coloring.
4. Specify the aspect of the output layout (box).
5. Specify if to hide the labels longer than rectangle size.
6. Click OK button to generate data for the drawing, and the treemap plot.
Treemap was named and popularized by Ben Schneiderman (http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/treemap-history/index.shtml). This app calculates split treemaps. Please refer to the Split Treemaps section in the following article for more details about the algorithm.
Engdahl, B. "Ordered and Unordered Treemap Algorithms and Their Applications on Handheld Devices". 2005.