This App can be used to filter surface profile with a gaussian filter and calculate roughness parameters.
Download the roughParam.opx file, then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
- Activate a worksheet and highlight XY columns which contains xz coordinates.
- Select Gaussian Filter Type:
- Short Wavelength Pass: The filtered profile is roughness profile (< cutoff length).
- Long Wavelength Pass: The filtered profile is waviness profile (> cutoff length).
Notes: A few number of starting and ending points of the profile data will be truncated after gaussian filter is applied.
- Enter value in Cutoff Length (the unit of cutoff length is the same as that of z profile).
- Select quantities to calculate.
- Click Preview button to display filtered profile.
- Click OK to output results.
Sample OPJU File
This app provides a sample OPJU file. Right click the App icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file Surface Roughness Parameters Sample.opju from the folder onto Origin. The Notes window in the project shows detailed steps.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).