Purpose: This App lets you fit your experimental data with the Avrami and, Lauritzen and Hoffman Theory.
For Avrami theory:
- With your Heat Flow vs. time data (isothermal curve) taken at a specific crystallization temperature, launch the App.
- Select the Avrami option, and feed the App with the mass of your sample, and density (in case you want a particular correction)
- Select the fitting range (there is a recommended fit range)
- See your results, τ0, Avrami Index (n), K values, τ50% theoretical and experimental, and R2.
For Lauritzen and Hoffman theory
- With your 1/τ50% vs. Tc data or Spherulitic growth rate (G) vs. Tc data, launch the App.
- Select the LH option, and how do you obtain the data: DSC vs. PLOM.
- Feed the App with your U* (generally taken as 1500 cal/mol), Tα=Tg-30, and Tm°.
- Select how many regimes do you have and which ones.
- Select your a0, b0, Crystalline density, and ΔHm°.
- See your results; you have obtained all the relevant energetic parameters, Kg, σ, σe, and q.