This App connects the Origin project to a Universal file from a file or web site.
This App is not pre-installed with Origin. To install, click Data: Connect to File: Add New.... The App Center opens listing only Connector Apps. Click the Download and Install button beside Universal File Connector to install the App.
- Dataset Selection
You can select the required datasets to connect to and exclude the others. Supported Dataset numbers are:
- 151: Header
- 164: Units
- 15: Nodes
- 2411: Nodes - Double Precision
- 82: Tracelines
- 55: Data at Nodes
- 58: Function at Nodal DOF
- 58b: Function at Nodal DOF - Binary. Only IEEE 754 is supported.
Please contact the Technical Support Team if you want to connect to datasets not listed.
- Click on the App icon to open the dialog when a worksheet without Data Connector is activated.
- Choose "Yes" when a dialog shows asking if you want to import from a website.
- In the Connect to Web dialog, choose a URL for Universal file and click on the "OK" button.
- In the Data Connector Browser dialog, double click on the contents to select the data you want to connect to. Then click on the "OK" button.
- Data is imported into the active worksheet.