The purpose of this App is to select one or more regions of an input XY dataset using an ROI (Region of Interest) box and smooth them according to user-defined settings.
This app will not function properly on Windows with Internet Explorer 8 installed. The minimum version required is 9, but higher versions will allow more functionality.
- Either before or after opening the App, select an Input Range XY dataset from a worksheet.
- In the App window, in lower panel of the graph, move and resize the yellow ROI box to the desired region of the "Input Data" plot (black).
- Adjust Smoothing Settings until the desired level of smoothing has been attained in the "Applicable Smoothing" plot (red) within ROI in lower panel. Note: The settings may automatically adjust based on ROI postion and width.
- When ready, click the Apply Smoothing from ROI button. Notice that the "Smoothed Data" plot (blue) in the upper panel of the graph updates.
- Specify Output Range and click OK generate a smoothed XY dataset.
Note: Non-monotonic data is not supported. Monotonic means the X data either constantly increases or decreases. Cyclic data would not be considered monotonic. Also data with duplicate X values is not supported.
Note: Multiple regions may be smoothed with different Smoothing Settings as often as desired but the smoothing is not cumulative for any given region- it always smooths the original Input Data.