Download the Means Plot.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- Click the Means Plot icon in the Apps Gallery window to open the dialog.
- Choose an XY dataset as Input. The X Variable can be either Continuous or Categorical.
- Optionally specify columns as Group. You can specify one or two group columns.
- If there is only one group, the tool will create one graph according to group levels.
- If there are two groups, the tool will create multiple graphs according to the second group levels.
Data plots in each graph are grouped according to the first group levels.
- For continuous x variable, in Settings branch, specify proper Binning Settings for x input data.
- By default the 95% Confidence Interval will be shown in the output graph. You can change it in the Whisker Settings branch. The Range can be Outlier, Constant, or None
- Click OK button. A report sheet and a report data sheet will be created. Graphs created are embedded in the report sheet.
Note: It is highly recommended to set the group column(s) as categorical and sort the group levels if necessary, prior to using the tool.