This tool can be used to find overlapping peaks in the spectrum. The position and integrated area for each peak are preserved in the deconvolved spectrum.
Download the file FourierSelfDeconvolution.opx, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Click the Fourier Self-Deconvolution icon in the Apps Gallery window to open the dialog.
- Choose XY data for the spectrum.
- A default value is provided for Gamma, the line shape width. Uncheck Auto checkbox to specify a custom value. The line shape will be used to deconvolve the spectrum. Generally the larger Gamma is, the narrower the deconvolved peak becomes.
- Specify Smoothing Factor to smooth the deconvolved spectrum. Smoothing factor must be between 0 and 1. The larger the factor, the smoother the deconvolved spectrum, and the wider the deconvolved peaks.
- Click Preview button to display the deconvolved spectrum. Click OK button to create the deconvolved result.
1. X data must be evenly spaced, otherwise the result may not make sense.
2. Baseline must be subtracted before the analysis.