This app can be used to calculate Allan variance for a time series signal at given tau values. The output includes:
- Allan deviation
- Allan variance
- Log-Log plot for Allan deviation
Download AllanVar.opx file, and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
NOTE: This tool requires OriginPro.
- Create a worksheet and input data. Next activate the worksheet and click the Allan Variance icon in the Apps Gallery window.
- In the opened dialog, select the XY data from the worksheet as Input Data. A value shown in Sampling Interval is automatically calculated according to your X data. Uncheck the Auto check box to the right of Sampling Interval and specify a value if you don't want to use the calculated value.
- tau Values Type provides two options: All and Custom. All option will calculate the result for tau values from 1 to one-half of the number of input points. Custom option will allow you to choose tau Values from the worksheet.
- You can determine whether to show the Log-Log Plot for Allan deviation, and the destination for output results.
- This tool requires x data to be evenly spaced. If it is not, it will show a warning message at the bottom of the dialog. Precision error may cause ununiform x, and you can ignore the warning message caused by this error.
- The Allan variance is calculated by the difference of values averaged over the measurement interval tau therefore phase data cannot be used in this tool directly.