Download the Import_PDF_Tables.opx, and then drag-andk-drop onto Origin workspace.
An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
This app dependes on
- Embedded Python in Origin
- Media Feature Pack from Microsoft
If this is not available on your OS, you can install it manually. On Windows 10, you can install it as following:
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature
- Find the Media Feature Pack in the list of available Optional Features.
- Restart the computer.
This app will try to install it automatically if it's not available.
- Click on the app icon to select an PDF file and open the "Extract PDF Tables" dialog.
- Enter the page(s) from which you want to extract tabular data.
- Click on the "OK" button.
Note: There is actually NO "table" in PDF files. Please always check if the tabular data is recognized and extracted correctly.