Non-metric multidimensional scaling (nMDS) is used to transform multidimensional data into lower dimensional representation. Bray-Curtis matrix is used as dissimilarity matrix.
Download the file "nMDS.opx", and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
- Click App icon to open the dialog.
- Select range for labels and data.
- Enter Number of Dimensions.
- Wisconsin Double Standardization option is commonly used for community data.
- Output Graph option can plot a graph for two or three dimensional data.
- Click OK.
Sample OPJU File
This app provides a sample OPJU file. Right click the App icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file nMDS_Sample.opju from the folder onto Origin. The Notes window in the project shows detailed steps.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).