This app can be used to insert LaTeX objects in worksheet cells, graph axes titles, legends and text labels.
NEW App Features in version 2.0 (requires Origin 2017):
Installing and using the LaTeX App version 2.0 in Origin 2017 allows for the following features:
- Insert a LaTeX object into worksheet column label row cells, axis titles, and legends.
- Arbitrary text labels on either graphs or worksheets.
- Easily generate the LaTeX markup for built-in fitting functions via a button in the App dialog
Installing the LaTex App allows you to also add LaTeX objects to worksheet column label rows, graph axis titles, and graph legends. Also, you can add the LaTeX markup for all built-in fitting functions via a simple click of a button in the App dialog.
You must have the following installed on your computer before you can use this App:
You can download MiKTeX from: http://miktex.org/download.
Note: During MikTex installation, choose All Users (default) instead of This User Only.
You can download OAutotrace from our OAutotrace page.
After installing the aforementioned components:
- Restart Origin if already running.
- Download the file LaTex.opx from this page, and then drag-and-drop the file onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps Gallery window.
- App version 1.71 or later requires Origin 2017 SR0
- App version 1.4 requires Origin 2016 SR2
- If you have installed the earlier version v1.2 of this App, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall the App (right-click on the icon and select Uninstall)
- Close Origin
- Navigate to the user folder, such as:
- Delete the temp files
- Restart Origin and then install the new version of the App
- With a graph window active, click the "LaTex" icon from Apps Gallery window and the LaTex Equation Editor dialog will open.
- Input LaTex script in Equation edit box. Click the Preview button to preview the result .
- Click OK button to insert the equation into the active graph window.
- To modify the equation, you can double click on the inserted equation to re-open the editor.
- The equation in the graph can be rotated, and the color can be changed using the Format toolbar.
- Exporting the graph as EPS or PDF will maintain the equation as a vector object.
- When clicking the Preview button for the first time, you will experience an extended delay (perhaps in excess of a minute) as the App fetches additional packages from the internet. The update status is shown on the Origin Status Bar at the bottom of your workspace. This delay will occur only on first time use. Subsequent operations will be much faster.
This blog post highlights new features for the App in Origin 2017 including adding LaTeX objects to worksheet column label rows, graph axis titles, and graph legends:
The following blog post provides more information about installing and using the App:
To learn more about the important improvements in version 1.4, read this blog post:
If you begin to have issues generating output with markup that is known to work, or if you want to delete temporary files and free up disk space, see this blog post: