This app is for calculating the convex hull envelope (boundary) for a given set of XYZ scatter points.
Download the file "Convex Hull 3D.opx", and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
NOTE: This App uses the Qhull library. A copyright notice is included in the package.
- Click the app icon from the Apps gallery window.
- Pick your input XYZ data and specify output range.
- The output column will contain the index number of boundary points and triangle patch sequence (for plotting).
- If starting from a 3D graph, the calculated hull will be directly plotted onto the source graph.
- Volume and Surface Area will be report to Results Log.