This app can be used to align peaks of spectra by shifting, scaling, clipping and inserting data.
Download the AlignPeaks.opx file, then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
- Highlight multiple XY or Y columns in a worksheet or activate a graph with plots.
- Click the App icon in the Apps gallery window to open the dialog.
- Choose one of the following operations.
- by Anchor Line: Place the anchor line and the reference line at the center of two peaks you want to align.
- by Value: Enter a positive or negative value to shift spectra by.
- Scale: Enter a positive value in Scale Factor. Spectrum is stretched if the value is greater than 1 and squeezed if smaller than 1.
- Clip: Move ROI box or enter an interval of X to select part of data points. Peaks after the ROI box will be moved to the left after clipping.
- Insert: Move selector line to specify the starting point to insert at. Specify Number of Points to insert, X Increment and Inserted Y value of inserted points. Peaks after the insertion point will be moved to the right after inserting.
- Below the preview graph, select a spectrum or multiple spectra from Spectra List. Click Apply.
- Use the buttons in the top right corner to zoom in and rescale graph.
- You can undo or redo up to 10 of your last operations.
- Click OK to output data to worksheet.
- If a spectrum is selected, the anchor line's color turns into red and you can shift curves by dragging the anchor line.
- Uncheck the selected spectrum before altering the position of the anchor line.
- Besides dragging the reference line, you can also enter a value into Move Reference Line to and click the button next to it to set its position.
Sample OPJU File
This app provides a sample OPJU file. Right click the App icon in the Apps Gallery window, and choose Show Samples Folder from the short-cut menu. A folder will open. Drag-and-drop the project file AlignPeaksSample.opju from the folder onto Origin. The Notes window in the project shows detailed steps.
Note: If you wish to save the OPJU after changing, it is recommended that you save to a different folder location (e.g. User Files Folder).