This app can be used to send specified graphs to PowerPoint slides. Each graph will be pasted into one slide in the PowerPoint file.
Note: Microsoft Office must be available. If the version of Office is 2007, Office has to be upgraded to SP2.
Download the file "Send Graphs to PowerPoint.opx", and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
Click the app icon in the Apps gallery window. A dialog will open, offering the following settings.
- Select Graphs:
All graphs in the active folder in Origin will be listed by default in the graph list on the left panel.
Click the triangle button to select graphs. Options include:
- All in Active Folder: All graphs in the active folder will list in the graph list.
- All in Active Folder (Open): All graphs in the active folder but not include hidden graphs will list in the graph list.
- All in Favorites Folder: All graphs in the favorites folder will list in the graph list.
- All in Project: All graphs in the project will list in the graph list.
- Active Page: Only the active page will list in the graph list.
- Specified: This item will bring up the Graph Browser dialog for specifying the graphs based on the current graph list.
- Include Recursive Folder: Checkable menu item, if checked, the graphs in the recursive subfolder will also be included.
- Include Embedded Graphs: Checkable menu item, if checked, the embedded graphs will also be included.
- Graph List
The graphs in this list will be exported to PowerPoint.
You can re-order the graphs by clicking and dragging the icons.
You can hover on an icon and then press the delete icon to remove that particular graph from the list.
- Add to Favorites Folder
Specify whether the selected graphs should also be added to the Favorites folder in Origin's Project Explorer, when you click the Send button.
None will do nothing.
Add will add shortcuts of the graphs in the list to the Favorites folder.
Update will clear the current Favorites, and then add shortcuts of the graphs in the list to the Favorites folder.
- Preference Tab
- Insert Graph as: Specify whether to place the graphs as a picture or as an embedded object in PowerPoint.
- Slide Margin: Specify the margin for the graph within the PowerPoint slide, in percentage units.
- Keep Aspect Ratio: If checked, the aspect ratio of the graph will be maintained.
- Title Line: Specify title to be displayed on top of the inserted graph in the PowerPoint slides.
None will not add any title. Top of Slide will display title at the top of screen, and Bottom of Slide will display title at the bottom of screen.
- Title: This is available when Title Line is not None. It specifies what should be used as the exported graph title in each slide.
Option list includes:
- Custom: Use a customized string (supports LabTalk substitution notation) as title. If this option is selected, you can select built-in substitution notation from the context menu.
- Window Short Name: Use the short name of each graph window as title.
- Window Long Name: Use the long name of each graph window as title.
- Window Short and Long Name: Use the short name and long name of each graph window as title.
- Window Path: Use the file path of each graph window in Project Explorer as title.
- Starting Slide Index: Define the starting slide index number in the PowerPoint presentation file. Graphs will be inserted starting from this slide.
If End is checked, graphs will be appended at the end of the PowerPoint file.
- Load File/Template (optional): Specify a PowerPoint template or PPT/PPTX file into which the graphs should be placed.
- Save File as (optional): Specify the path and name of the PowerPoint Presentation file (*.ppt, *.pptx, *.pptm), PowerPoint Show (*.pps, *.ppsx, *.ppsm) or Design Template (*.pot, *.potx, *.potm) to be saved. Slides will be exported to this file.
- Slide Mode: Specify the slide mode for exported graphs. This is available when End is not checked.
Start New will start new slide for each exported graph, from the specified Starting Slide Index, by duplicating that particular slide.
Overlay Existing will replace existing slide(s).
- Save Settings Tab: Save the current settings to a specified name. You can also set the saved settings as User Default settings for the future.
- Apply Settings Tab: Lists all available settings. You can choose one to apply, or set as User Default, or delete (Note: System Default Settings cannot be deleted).
When the dialog is brought up, a settings will be applied by default, if User Default Settings exists.
If not, the tool will use the Last Settings, and if Last Settings does not exist either, tool will use System Default Settings.