Use the Tree View to edit the properties of the X-Function.
| Author of the X-Function.
|Auto Compile Dependent Files
| Automatically compile dependent files.
| Customize the usage context of the X-Function.
- Specify whether the X-Function can be called from LabTalk. If not selected, the X-Function is only available from the menu.
- Worksheet Selection
- Not currently used.
- Graphic Object Events
- This is only valid when the X-Function is associated with a graphic object. It specifies what graphic object events will trigger the X-Function. Available events include Initialization, Move, Moving, Resize, Resizing, Delete, Select, Unselect, Button Click, Rotate, Rotating, Skew, Skewing, Edit, Editing, New Selection, Delete Part, and Keyboard. The graphic object type can be Rect or Line.
- Specify whether and where (dialog, menu, book or sheet) to support theme for the X-Function. Options include: Support Saving Themes in Dialog, Show Themes as Popups in Menu, Support Saving to Book, and Support Saving to Sheet.
- Specify the accessible menu(s) of the X-Function. Options include: None, Main Menus, Context Menus, Both, Context Menu 1, Context Menu 2, Context Menu 3, and Context Menu 4. Customize how the X-Function is accessed by the menu. Options include: Add As Tool, Class Operation, Auto GetN Dialog, Open Dialog from Menu for Option Index, and Check Menu. Available Auto GetN Dialogs include Simple GetNBox, GetNGraphBox with Preview, GetNImageBox, Wizard, and Custom (by specifying Custom Dialog Function).
- Specify type of window to which the X-Function associates. Options: Graph, Worksheet, Matrix, Report, Layout, and None.
| Generate LabTalk Tree upon execution
| Specify whether to automatically generate LabTalk tree upon execution. The LabTalk tree is a variable with the same name as the X-Function, and will be dumped to the Results Log window.
|Results Log Output Checkbox
| Specify whether to add a check-box labeled Results Log Output to the X-Function dialog box so that users can opt to dump messages to the Results Log window. Options:
- Do not add the Results Log Output check-box.
- Add the Results Log Output check-box, and checked by default.
- Add the Results Log Output check-box, and unchecked by default.
- None and Check
- Do not add the Results Log Output check-box, but the messages will always dump to Results Log window.
|Output to Results Log upon execution
| Specify what contents to output to Results Log window, options can be None, All, Report Tree, First Input, First Output, All Outputs, and All Except Trees.
|GetN Dialog Custom Buttons
| Specify the customized buttons on the dialog.
|Command Line Usage
| Add the notes on command line usage of the X-Function, which will appear in the documentation of the X-Function.
| Show the variables defined in the X-Function.
| Add notes on modification history.
| Specify the code of the X-Function, including Return Type, Header, and Expression.
|Save with Object
| Specify whether to save the X-Function with object.
|Option Argument Index
Not currently used.
Specify the version of the X-Function.
Not currently used.
|Subgroup Index Within a Category
| Specify the subgroup index, which is listed under a common category in the menu.
|Number of Error Messages
| Specify the number of error messages.
| Specify Auto Complete Hint, and Additional Description for English help.
| Specify Description, GetN Dialog Custom Buttons, Auto Complete Hint, and Additional Description, for Japanese help.
| Specify Description, GetN Dialog Custom Buttons, Auto Complete Hint, and Additional Description for German help.
| Specify Description, GetN Dialog Custom Buttons, Auto Complete Hint and Additional Description for Chinese help.
|Skip hidden in dialog
| Specify whether to skip hidden in dialog.
|Auto Clear Error Message in dialog
| Specify whether to auto clear error message in dialog.
|Keep Button Status for Event Handler
| Specify whether to keep button status for event handler.
|Control Apply and Undo button by User
| Specify whether to control Apply and Undo buttons by user.
|Show Preview Button
| Specify whether to show the preview button.
|Show Auto Apply Checkbox
| Specify whether to show Auto Apply check-box.
|Skip Help Document Processing
| Specify whether to skip help document processing.
|Support Folder Last Used Theme
| Specify whether support Folder Last Used Theme.
|Do no Close Dialog upon Enter Key
| Specify whether to close dialog when press Enter key.
|Allow Data Filter as a part of Operation
If this checkbox is selected, there are three worksheet filter options (Worksheet Filters: Lock/ Push Back/ Delete) showing in the Recalculate lock icon's context menu. They can control whether the results will be affected by further filter changes.
By default, just in the Copy Columns and Pivot Table X-Function, this item is checked.
| Specify the path and the name of the corresponding help file to be opened. Note that the string registers, such as %Y, are supported.
|Allow Reorder Variables By Code
In general, X-Function variables are in a certain order. With this check box checked, you can use Origin C script to reorder the variables.
|Allow Empty Input As Valid Operation
In general, a X-Function has an actual input data range. But you can check this check box to allows the dummy input for the X-Function, and output a result with recalculation.
|Auto Spreadsheet Cell Notation on New Book
| Control whether to turn on Speedsheet Cell Noation (SCN) for the new workbook created by this X-Function ouput. When this box is checked and the bit value (4) of @RCN is enabled, any new workbook created for X-Function output will have SCN turned on (Auto On) regardless of the SCN-state of the active book.
This checkbox does not apply to wsplit, wsplit_book, merge_book, wmove_sheet).
|Support Autoupdate in Label Row
Specify whether to autoupdate the results with recalculation if the values in the involved column label row(s) has been changed.
For some X-Functions, such as wstackcol, this check box is checked by default. When you change the values in column label row(s) which has been involved into the stack operation (set the Comment row as Group Identifier for example), the stacked results will update automatically.
Additional documentation resources.
For more information on use of these standard view controls please refer to the X-Function Chapter in the Programming Help file.