1.155 FAQ-804 How to troubleshoot exporting EPS/PDF problems
Last Update: 3/23/2021
Before exporting your Origin graph as vector format, such as EPS or PDF file, please consider:
What's your purpose of exporting?
If you just want to export graphs for demostration purpose, and find the text distorted or squished in the exported vecotr image (PDF or EPS format), you can try the following solution to workaround this problem:
- Set variable @TO = 2 by typing
@TO = 2 in Command Window or Script Window and hit Enter to temporarily force Origin to draw text object using polygons.
- Refresh the window to see the effect. After that, export the graph again. The font distortion should gone.
- If you want to set @TO = 2 permanently, please refer to this page.
Keep in mind that: after setting @TO = 2 the text on the exported images cannot be further edited in other software such as Adobe Illustrator, etc. In this case, you can set a high resolution (600 or higher) in Export Graphs dialog for a good quality of the exported graph.
- 3D OpenGL graph CANNOT be exported as a "real" vector format. Therefore, if you are exporting a 3D OpenGL graph, you can set a high resolution for demostration. See this page for details.
- When exporting graphs with embedding fonts as PDFs in Remote Desktop, you may notice the embedded fonts are missing in the exported PDF files. Refer to this page for a solution.
To edit graphs in other software
If you want to further edit the exported graph files in other software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, we recommend one of the following two ways:
- Export the graph as EMF format.
- Print the graph as PDF. That is, select File: Print and then choose Adobe PDF or other PDF printer from the Print> Name drop-down list.
|If you choose to export your graph as a vecotr fomat, there are other things you may need to know:
- If the exported EPS file has transparency settings, it is not possible to open by Photoshop or Illustrator.So, if your exported graph has transparency and you want to export it as EPS format, please turn off transparency and then export again.
- Regarding the font of text labels in the exported graph:
- To make sure the text in the exported EPS or PDF file is editable, follow the settings on this page.
- When exporting graph as EPS/PDF format, it is highly recommended to select Always Use True Type for Font in the Export Graphs dialog.
- After export graph as vector format (PDF, EPS, EMF), you may find the position or size of the legend in the exported image different from the graph in Origin, it may be caused by the different DPI Resolution between the exported image and the graph page in Origin. Please refer to this page to troubleshoot the problem.
Keywords:EPS, export, graph, image, photoshop, illustrator, AI, PS, PDF, Font Distortion