8.12.3 Creating Tables
Origin allows you to add tables to the Graph windows and Layout windows and edit them.
Creating tables to Graph window/Layout window
To add a table to the Graph window or Layout window:
- Click on the New Link Table button on the Graph toolbar.
- Right click inside layer in the Graph window (or right click on a blank place in the Layout window) and select New Table... from the context menu.
- In the add_table_to_graph dialog opened, specify the number of columns and rows in the table, the table title, etc. Click the OK button to add this new table to window.
For more information, please refer to add_table_to_graph X-Function.
The added table is linked to a hidden table window. To bring up this hidden table window:
- Double click on the table in the graph.
Use the Tablen window that opens to:
- Edit or add cell values
- Merge table cells
- Add a background color, change font, etc.
- Adjust column widths
When you've finished editing, click the Update Table button to apply your changes to the table in the graph, then click the Close button in the upper-right corner of the table window.
Note that you can also right-click on the table and select Properties... from the context menu. This opens the Object Properties dialog where you can customize a number things including table position and size, object name, and object attachment method.
Copying table from worksheet to graph
To copy a (part of) table from worksheet to graph directly, you can
- Highlight the (part of) worksheet you want to add into the graph as a table, right click and select Copy from the context menu.
- Go to the graph window. Right click in the blank place and choose Paste from the context menu.
After adding a table, you can edit the table by double clicking as described above.