The Origin Forum
File Exchange
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Axis Ticks and Axis Label Font Size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  08:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 8.6.0G
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hi everyone,

I have to two questions regarding customizing graphs.

1. Within my project I have plotted a few graphs. Some of these graphs got axis ticks facing out of the graph, some got axis ticks facing towards the inside (y axis). I want all of them to face towards the inside and I was wondering if there is a way to change this with a LabTalk script.

2. How can I change the font size of the axis labels in a plotstack. Since the three graphs included in my plotstack have all different heights, it seems like the size of the axis labels changed their fontsize too. Is there a way to change the fontsize of each axis label seperatly?

Thank you in advance,
sebbey

greg

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  4:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For question 1, you should look at the Theme Organizer under the Tools menu.
On the Graph tab, select the "Ticks All In" theme.
Change Apply Theme to "Graphs in Project" and click Apply Now.

For question 2, note that most Origin Templates have their Scale Elements setting on the Display tab of Layer Properties set to "Scale With Layer Frame". Since you say you have different heights for your layers, then it's likely that the fonts have been scaled appropriately for each layer. If you select any text on a graph, the Status bar will show you the set font size and the display font size.
You can shut this off by using Fixed Factor of 1.

You could do this for every layer in every plot in your project with this simple script:
doc -e L {
layer.fixed = 1;
layer.factor = 1;
}
But be warned that if you have previously adjusted font sizes of layers where fonts have been scaled to look the same as if they hadn't, then the above script will probably make those fonts too big.
Go to Top of Page

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  04:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

thanks a lot for your answer. Your little script worked well.
Since I wanted to change the axis ticks with a script too, I needed to search a little more, but I also found a solution to my problem.

range ll=[%H]1!; // define range: active graph window, layer 1
ll.x.ticks = 5; //major and minor ticks of the x axis face to the inside of the graph

This works perfektly for me.

sebbey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2008 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000