This App connects the Origin project to IEC 62755 standard N42 (*.n42) files output from radiation measurement instruments.
- The App scans for ChannelData and imports it together with related metadata. Not all metadata elements may be imported. We need feedback on this aspect.
- Energy calibration is performed with the information found in the file. Both polynomial calculation and boundary values are supported.
- Data from Neutron vs Gamma rays are stored in separate sheets.
- With a worksheet active, click on the Data menu.
- To connect to a local file, click Data: Connect to File: N42 and select the file. To connect to web data, click Data: Connect to Web and enter the URL.
- In the Data Connector Browser, select the .n42 file you want to import, then click OK to connect to the selected ones. The metadata is imported as column user parameter
- Once a connector is added, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner of the book to open a popup menu with various commands.
- By default, connector-imported data are NOT saved with the project file. To save imported data with the project file, click the connector icon in the upper-left corner for that book and uncheck Exclude Imported When Saving. Note that each book has its own Exclude setting.