This app can be used to get historical stock data directly from Yahoo and plot it with multiple overlay/indicator options.
Download the file "Stock Chart.opx", and then drag-and-drop onto the Origin workspace. An icon will appear in the Apps gallery window.
Click the app icon. A dialog pops up asking for a stock symbol name (the default value AAPL is for Apple Inc.). Then in the follow-up dialog, you can:
- Specify plotting date range
- Choose price plot type
- Change volume plot Y axis scale type or add moving average overlay
- Choose up to three technical overlay types
- Choose up to three technical indicator type and where you want to place them
- Add overlay to existing technical indicators
- Export current graph
- Close the dialog to customize the graph yourself, or reinitialize the graph later.