6.1.8 Error Bars with Fill Area
This graph displays three datasets with error bars. The error bars have been set to draw as lines with fill areas. Transparency has been set for all three curves so that data in overlapping regions can be clearly seen.
Minimum Origin Version Required: Origin 8.5.1 SR0
What you will learn
- Plot the error bar with fill area
- Set transparency for error bar
- Set and save custom color
This tutorial is associated with <Origin EXE Folder>\Samples\Tutorial Data.opj.
Also, you can refer to this graph in Origin Central. (Select Help: Origin Central menu or press F11 key , and then open Line and Symbol)
- Open Tutorial Data.opj and browse to the Error Bars with Fill Area folder in Project Explorer (PE).
- Highlight all columns in the worksheet. In the main menu, click Plot: Line, and then click Line.
- Double-click on the plot to open the Plot Details dialog. Select the first plot node under Layer1 in the left panel. In the right panel activate the Group tab. Choose Independent in Edit Mode.
- On the Line tab set Width as 3. To set a custom color click on the button right to Color and select Custom from the drop list.
- Right-click on the Custom button to bring up Color dialog. Click on Define Custom Colors to expand the right panel. For further use save the custom color in the Custom colors: palette:
- Select an blank box under the Custom colors: palette.
- Set Red, Green, Blue as 155, 187, 89 respectively in the right panel.
- Click Add to Custom Colors to save this color to the Custom colors palette.
- Click OK to close the dialog. Set Transparency as 50
- Repeat the step 3 for the other two plots. Except, set the colors of the second plot and the third plot as RGB(192, 80, 77), RGB(79, 129, 189) respectively.
- In the left panel, select the first of the three error plots. On the Error Bar tab, set Connect as Straight, then the Fill Area Under Curve option will show up in Style section. Check the box before it and the Pattern tab should now be available.
- Set Color as Automatic.
- On the Pattern tab, change the fill color to the custom color saved before to match the line color, and set Transparency to 50.
- Repeat the last two steps for the other two error plots. Click OK to complete the graph.